Monday, November 22, 2010

Haters in the building


Expectations vs. Life

The two go hand in hand and I feel that sometimes we get something in life that we don't ever see in our expectations. For a warning, I'm just going to rant on this one because I'm not really sure what I want you to understand/to feel/to see.

I'll start with why I'm posting this. I got a phone call from someone close like 20 minutes ago and I won't go into details but she means a lot. She vented out some problems she's having at the moment and it really just hits me. What is the deal with our obsession with getting what we think we should be getting (expectation)? Why is it so much harder to deal with the reality of the situation rather than be satisfied with what we get? Is it because our generation has neglected the idea of being "thankful"? Is it because how much we put our mindset in getting that expectation and how we want to "Force" it in real life. And is it when that forcing doesn't work that our whole dream/expectation just collapses and we go into a sea of despair? Alright, the last part was kind of harsh/depressing/radical but I did it to kind of set a point.

Now to the second part. Think about how you get over these kind of situations and who you look to for advice. I'm not the most popular person around but I am thankful that I can at least count on a select few people for that kind of support. Quality over quantity! And to those people, I forever thank you! <3

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment